Tuesday, March 29, 2016

M6 - Comic Book Part 3


Below are some screenshots of the work I've done in Illustrator so far. I was going for a very simple comic book, obviously. I am not a traditional artist so I wanted to make the drawing almost laughable. Have you ever heard of Poorly Drawn Lines? It is one of my favorite web comics. I drew a lot of inspiration from Reza Farazmand for this. Note, there may be some harsh language throughout this comic. So click at your own risk! :) 

There are a few little things I need to fix still but I am having a lot of trouble making the thought balloons on some of the panes cut off at the line of the comic itself. Hard to explain... Take a look at the second picture below (There are others that do this too...) the balloon extends the line of the comic's panel. I want to get rid of the part that spans the line. Everything I've tried to do so far hasn't worked. so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I know I can just move them and make them smaller but I like the look of it when some of the balloons are cut off! 










A screenshot of how I made the thought bubbles. I created an oval using the ellipse tool and then many small circles around it. I then used the perspective selection tool to combine them all seamlessly and add a stroke to the final piece. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha, great job on the comic book . I think you underestimated yourself. and I really love the simplicity in your comic book. Form the images to the use of text. It works! great work glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete